Monday, July 18, 2005

Payback time

I wrote about helping a couple of children in their education. And I mentioned about Rajat Gupta's message about paying back to society.

I started to do that in Chennai only in a different format. I am visiting an orphonage called "Samrakshan" where I have started to teach (from more than a month now) some subjects right now. The target is to enthuse them in studies and help them envision a career and growth for themselves. As of now, I have just targetted older children cos the younger children could afford to wait a little.

As of now the children seem to be enjoying it. Feedback is good and enouraging. They participate in weekly activities and volunteer to present some of the "lessons" themselves.


The next step is to get the children access to Internet (first to computers). I am planning to get this in the next one month.

No comments: