Saturday, January 29, 2005

Interview never happens! Friends gets craking into my time

I got immersed into three things since my last blog.

First:

Further interview supposed to happen in that KPO Company I mentioned in my last blog dragged on for the last one week and it is yet to happen. There is a HR lady who kept dragging it for the past 4-5 days. I think she had no clue when her CEO boss is likely to be available. And so she promised me that she will get back in ‘an hour’ and that never happens until the next two days. It is slightly difficult to manage (and be ‘interview ready’) when stuff you anticipate does not happen. I am not sure abt issues at her end, but it is a drag on the company’s brand and my time. If I decide to get in that company, I will fix this expectation management. Oh and add to that my preference to do one thing at a time, I stuck to ‘be prepared’ agenda and ended up only preparing and watching ‘Friends’ to fill rest of my time!

Talking abt expectation mgmt, Infosys manages expectations well. In fin markets, every one knows infy to be a company to ‘under promise and over deliver’. Simply put that means, know what you are going to deliver and promise little less than that. Infy also couples high performance with that. Not sure whether the same thing holds at a project level.

That's abt the first one.

No comments: