Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Third: The Unfinished Agenda

When I came in to ISB, I had specific agenda in mind.

1. Gain Intellectual insights / develop structured thinking
- incl write articles
2. Get a good network
3. Improve communication skills
4. Improve interpersonal and team playing skills
5. Get a job that I can put my heart into and can relate to my future plans

I am comfortable with progress on 1, 2 and 5. In the two months still left, I will concentrate on 3 and 4 because I am yet to pass the critical level to consider them my strengths. I will also write an article and revise key inputs from my classes.

There is some progress on the job hunt front. I will probably visit companies that I am considering and then take a decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

What is the typical profile, the companies consider for an EA role. Is an MBA degree mandatory? I have been working in that role for around 7 months(total IT experience is 5.5 years). Could you suggest some companies where I could try? Thanks.
Dev.

Chaitanya Sagar said...

Companies that have been coming to Campus look for a general management profile (in people management or corporate or a unit level role assisting corporate/unit management in Human resource,finance (budgeting/business planning etc),process mgmt etc. They should be convinced that you have big picture perspective and that you can connect with unit managers.